LAST UPDATED: 25 February 2021.
Since the UK government’s announcement on 22nd February about its plans for the lifting of lockdown restrictions, we can finally see some light at the end of a very long tunnel!
Whilst travel is still classed as illegal, we are hugely hopeful that international travel will resume after 17th May. We are now waiting for the Global Travel Taskforce to report on 14th March, when we hope to find out more about how travel restrictions will be lifted.
You’re probably wondering how this is going to affect you and your holiday plans this year. These are still unsettling times for all of us but we want to reassure you that we continue to closely follow the advice of the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and ABTA, and we continue to monitor this as the situation develops.
We’re also keeping track of the airlines and flight cancellations, as well as country quarantine policies, and considering how these will affect each departure individually.
It’s our mission to leave no stone unturned when it comes to planning your holiday and helping you have the very best possible experience on two wheels. We also care deeply about the Marmot community and our many loyal clients, so we’ve put together a few Q&A’s which are typical of the queries we’re receiving at the moment.
It goes without saying that the safety of our clients, guides and staff is of paramount importance to us. We would advise you to read the current advice from the FCDO here. As members of ABTA we are also taking their advice and you can read some helpful information they have compiled here.
“Is my European cycling holiday still going ahead this year?”
We are now in the process of cancelling our first four trips of the season (Catalonia and Andalusia) due to depart before 17th May, as well as the Cure Parkinsons Ventoux trip in May, which is being postponed until October. We ask you to bear with us and keep an eye on this page and The Link for updates. Where we have been forced to cancel a trip that you’re booked on, we will be in touch with you individually as quickly as possible.
“I’m not sure I want to go ahead with my holiday. What are my options?”
If you choose to cancel your holiday, then our normal Terms & Conditions do apply. You can read them here.
However, we appreciate that some of you have concerns about travelling – maybe you’re a non-UK client and are facing different travel restrictions imposed by your own country, or you may be vulnerable and already know you don’t want to or can’t travel at all. We can offer you the option to rebook on any of our 2021 trips (with no admin fee and subject to availability) as long as you inform us at least 30 days prior to the departure date of your current booking.
“Can I use my deposit on another trip in the future?”
Yes, you can transfer your deposit to another available holiday in 2021. Please note there is already limited availability for groups wanting to come on holiday with us this year (especially during June and September) so we advise you get in touch soon to discuss your plans with us. All our existing itineraries for 2021 can be found on our holidays page.
If you would like to do so, please email us your preferred holiday dates so we can pencil you in for a spot. You’ll then be able to make your booking on the Link and we’ll transfer any monies already paid to your new holiday. Please note that due to the impact of the pandemic we have had to increase the deposit amount to £400 (as of 1st August 2020).