At Marmot Tours we understand and respect the importance of your privacy and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. In order to provide our service as a Tour Operator to you, we must collect personal information from you and in this policy we have outlined how we treat your personal data once it’s been collected.
Anyone who processes personal information must comply with eight principles of the Data Protection Act, which make sure that personal information is:
- fairly and lawfully processed;
- processed for limited purposes;
- adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- accurate and up to date;
- not kept for longer than is necessary;
- processed in line with your rights;
- secure; and
- not transferred to other countries without adequate protection.
What information will be collect from visitors to our website?
When you visit our website, our web server collects:
- we may from time to time disclose to third parties impersonal information on our website’s traffic profile. For example, internet advertising companies may require this data to help us better target advertisements on our website and / or other websites. Please note that our website provides links to products and services offered by other companies; the company’s website that you link to will be able to determine that you linked from our website;
- Please note we will not collect or store any of your passwords or other highly sensitive data.
What information will we collect from Marmot Tours clients?
We may collect all or some of the following information relating to you or other members of your party:
- names and contact details including telephone number and email address;
- special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect your trip;
- dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs).
How will we collect this information?
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it:
- When you purchase a product or service from us
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
- When you speak to our customer services team
- When you complete a survey or enter a competition
What will we do with this information?
- We use your name and contact details to complete your purchase with us.
- We also use your details to look after your holiday arrangements, send you notifications and communicate with you generally.
- In managing your holiday, we may have to disclose some of your information to the providers of the services making up your arrangements (who could be located outside the UK / EEA). We may also have to disclose some information to third parties in relation to customer services, credit card processing or other services.
- We may need to disclose your information where required by law, where such a request is made by a legal authority.
- We may need to disclose our customer database (including any personal information relating to you) to a third party who acquires or attempts to acquire all or substantially all of the asset / stock in our company or our website.
- We may also disclose information to organisations who act as data processors on our behalf, or to other organisations that perform business functions on our behalf, some of who are outside the UK / EEA. These functions include administration providing services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, business management and operation, re-organisation / structuring / sale of our business, risk assessment, security and crime prevention / detection, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection.
- From time to time we may contact you with information about special offers, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may ask us in writing (including email) not to receive it.
- We may pass your details to other parties who offer goods or services which we feel may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to have your details passed on in this way, you may ask us in writing (including email) not to do so.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. Outside the EEA, controls on data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website.
What can I do?
If you do not agree to us using your information in the ways set out above, please inform us in writing (including email) as soon as possible. You are also able to view and adjust your personal details on The Link at any time.
We are meeting the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with this, you may ask us for a copy of the information we hold about you and to correct any inaccuracies in your information. We aim to respond to you within 21 days from the date we receive your request.
You are also entitled to choose not to provide us with some of the information we request. However, as a result this may mean we are unable to complete some of your holiday arrangements.
Opt out policy?
Subscribers to our newsletter may opt out of receiving further newsletters from us at any time by sending a request to [email protected] You will also be given a fast and easy option of opting out of receiving our newsletter by emailing us at [ ] to unsubscribe. (INSERT HYPERLINK HERE)
Protecting your Information
We take website security very seriously and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. We take a number of administrative and technical steps to ensure the security of the information you provide to us.
Please note that our website contains certain literature and hyperlinks to websites owned by third parties. This privacy statement covers websites owned and controlled by Marmot Tours only. Links to other websites and any information collected by these sites are not covered by this privacy statement.
Updates & Changes
As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law, we encourage you to review this policy from time to time so you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use your personal information. Any changes to this policy will be either posted on our website or made available on request.